Friday, August 6, 2010

The Road Less Taken

We were sitting on top of the world--at least that's what it felt like. When Dave lent us his house in Winthrop, Washington for a painting weekend, we had no idea what an incredible house we would be staying at and what a view we would be spend all our waking hours savoring. We just got home last night so today as I stood before my easel, I still carried with me the wonderful feelings of unhurried solitude, dry, warm air, and the vastness of uncluttered spaces. This painting, still wet as I write, is going to be auctioned off a local art store (www.bellevueartandframe.com) and the proceeds will benefit local schools. Feelings that artists carry inside them come out in their work and if they’re lucky and produce good work, those feelings translate to the viewer. That is always my intent.



Find me on Face Book now too at Joanne Shellan Fine Ar
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joanne-Shellan-Fine-Art/138562789499178?ref=ts

or my website http://www.joanneshellan.com/

No comments: