Wednesday, June 23, 2010

American Landscape

There are many a person who can't imagine a better way to spend a day than meandering through endless isles of botanical delights. Fungi and fuschsias, herbs and apples trees, and novels of dahlias all displaying their fronds to entice the grower inside of us all. For me, the better day is one spent painting pictures of the  nursery rather than buying out the plants. We makes choices in our lives every day as to how to spend our time, our most precious commodity. I let the weeds grow in my flower beds and always choose to spend my time at the easel where I can leave the deadheads and ill-pruned tree out of the picture and focus on what is beautiful in my life's composition.
Flower World is located in Maltby, a tiny town east of Seattle, where acres of plants are housed in charming plastic encased greenhouses and are lovingly cared for by energetic people whose thumbs glow green under their gloves.

No comments: